Saturday, March 29, 2008

Blogging On A Saturday Night

The Umbrella Corporation is Starting with Seoul
It's raining today. As much as I dislike rain, I know how much better it is than the immaculate amounts of snow that breaking records in Ottawa. Lucky for me, the last teacher that lived here left me a nice umbrella. I've never actually used an umbrella before, but I thought the idea of not having cold rain drip down my bald head seemed great. As I began walking to school, I realised how great this invention truly is. It's almost like its not raining at all; as far as my head is concerned. I quickly noticed how many other people were smart like me and staying dry under their wonderful umbrellas. Then I noticed how many people were ignorant to the umbrella, like I used to be.... none! Actually, of all th people I saw as I walked to school, which was well over a hundred, there was one single person who didn't have an umbrella. I understand that people using umbrellas is a very normal, but the sight of all these umbrellas everywhere just made me giggle like the school girls in uniform who were piling into the high school next to me. All of them dry under their umbrellas.

It's Like Going to Costco
Most of my classes are short, so we don't get snack or lunch time like the other classes have. Saturdays are the exception. We get a snack time, and this is the one time when the kids show you how great they are. Even the little hell raisers that I yell at all day want to share some of their snack with me. It's like when you go to Costco and they have samples in every isle. You nibble on a little of everything until you're full, buy nothing, then go home. I get to try some pretty neat food, but sometimes I am forced to eat things I just don't enjoy, for example tomatoes. Today though, I had to eat sushi. I do not like sushi. Not only do I not like sushi, I don't even like people like sushi. I ate it though, what could I do. Any sushi lovers reading this: YOU OWE ME!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jay! I enjoy reading your blog, and please don't say things like "this might be too long and borning for you", cause it's really not =) I've worked for 3 months now at a pre-school, or, kindergarden or whatever you wanna call it. People say teaching 4 yearolds wouldn't be hard, but you and I know better =) I'm with the smallest kids now though, 1-3 years. They're really cool. So how long are you staying there anyway? Keep up the good work! Kram Dajana

Jordan said...

Just let me know when the zombies start to show up, then you can count me in :P